YOUR RIGHTS AS OUR CUSTOMER
The City of Bacoor recognizes that you should be the ultimate decision-maker on matters that involve your Personal Information. To this end, we are mindful of the fundamental right to privacy of every customer under the Data Privacy Act of 2012.
You have the right to be informed of the Personal Information that we collect, process, use, and share. We can provide you with such Personal Information, provided that such Personal Information does not amount to information deemed confidential or proprietary by the LGU, or that your request for Personal Information is not vexatious or unreasonable.
You have the right to object or withhold your consent to the collection, processing, use, and sharing of your Personal Information. However, we may be constrained to terminate your desired service as your Personal Information may be required to deliver such product or service. Without your Personal Information, we will be unable to provide you with updates on the LGU’s latest offerings; similarly, you will be unable to participate in our related events, promotions, or other activities.
You have the right to suspend, withdraw, or order the blocking, removal, or destruction of your Personal Information in our processing systems upon discovery and substantial proof that your Personal Information is no longer necessary for the purpose or purposes for which it was collected, and for such other cases provided in the Data Privacy Act of 2012.
You have the right to seek indemnity for damages sustained, if any, due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained, or unauthorized use of your Personal Information.
Should you feel that there has been mishandling or misuse of your Personal Information, or that any of your data privacy rights have been violated, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
COLLECTION OF CUSTOMER DATA
The Customer Data that we collect, process, use, and share are either Personal Information or Non-Personal Information:
Personal Information is any information from which the identity of an individual can be reasonably and directly ascertained, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual, such as name, gender, date of birth, address, telephone/mobile number, email address, proof of identification, etc.
Non-Personal Information is any information that does not identify you individually, and includes statistical or analytical data, and anonymized or aggregated reports.
USE OF CUSTOMER DATA
We may share Customer Data with our subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, and third-party service providers as part of business operations and provision of products and services.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Customer Data is used to, among others:
- Provide you with your subscribed services, including customer support;
- Help us improve our quality of services;
- Create new services;
- Enhance your customer experience and determine tailored content to meet your preferences and needs;
- Communicate relevant services and/or advisories to you;
- Abide by any safety, security, public service or legal requirements and processes;
- Process information for statistical, analytical, and research purposes. The use of your information for statistical, analytical, and research purposes enables us to create anonymized and aggregated insight reports that we use to further improve your user experience and to provide new products and services;
- Create a customer portrait based on your demographic, and your behavioral, transaction, and interaction data across all products, systems, devices, and/or interaction channels, which we may use as a basis for sending you commercial and promotional alerts, personalized advertisements, financial service offers, and surveys. To be clear, should we need to share data with third parties for advertising and marketing purposes, we only share anonymized and aggregated data, and not your Personal Information;
- Comply with the requirements of the law and legal process, such as a court order; to comply with a legal obligation; or to prevent imminent harm to public security, safety, or order, collectively referred to as “Data Use Purpose.”
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The LGU respects your privacy. We secure and protect your Personal Information with proper safeguards to ensure confidentiality and privacy; prevent loss, theft, or use for unauthorized purposes; and comply with the requirements of the law.
We aim to keep our records as accurate as possible. Our systems have means for you to update your records as necessary.
For any questions or concerns, you may contact our Data Protection Officer as follows: