The parish of St. Michael The Archangel was created as a separate parish from Kawit on January 18, 1792 by virtue of the Royal Cedula issued by Ferdinand VI, King of Spain, to the Spanish Governor General in the Philippines. It was established in 1669 and was constructed using bamboos, straws and nipa leaves. It was during the term of Fr. Mariano Gomes from 1824 to 1872 (48 years ) that the church, known once as the oldest church in Cavite, was renovated with the present architectural structure made of adobe and tegula. Unequipped with modern-day concrete cement mix, thousands of duck egg whites were utilized to bond the huge boulders of adobe.