BDRRMO Advisory:(via MAYNILAD)
EMERGENCY WATER INTERRUPTION ADVISORY
To our customers in Bacoor, Cavite Las Piñas,
As of yesterday, April 16 (Monday), Maynilad’s La Mesa Treatment Plants only received an average of 2,305 million liters per day (MLD) of raw water. Maynilad needs to get a minimum of 2,360 MLD of raw water so it can maintain the level of stored water in its Bagbag Reservoir and prevent service levels for its customers to be affected.
Maynilad is entitled to 60% of raw water from the Ipo Dam, while Manila Water gets the remaining 40%. However, since April 1, Maynilad has been getting less than the 60% raw water allocation that it is entitled to receive. This depleted Maynilad’s stored water in the Bagbag Reservoir.
Consequently, some Maynilad customers will still experience low pressure to no water supply today (April 17) at 8 p.m., until tomorrow (April 18) at 4 a.m. Below is the list of affected areas.
Maynilad is continuing to appeal to the MWSS to have Manila Water restore Maynilad’s 60% share of the raw water allocation so it can refill the Bagbag Reservoir and stabilize water service for its customers.
Meantime, Maynilad is advising affected customers to store enough water during times of the day when supply is available. It will continue to have its mobile water tankers on standby, ready to deliver potable water to affected areas.
Maynilad will announce different service interruption schedules on a daily basis until it is able to receive its proper raw water allocation. Please stand by for updates.